Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Back in the Day

Originally Posted on March 5th 2008


Well I've finally entered the world of the blog! Most of my youth pastor friends entered this world a long time ago, but I have been afraid to take the plunge. I've tried to stay current with all the latest technological trends that are a part of the ever changing youth culture. I feel it's important to stay up to date with myspace, facebook, text messaging & all the other stuff that seems to essential to keep students connected with their friends, yet blogging seemed to overwhelm me. I must admit that things seemed easier back in the day. When I first started in youth ministry, there was no such thing as myspace, text messaging or a blog. I was thrilled when I got my first pager: Yes that's right a pager: man I'm old. While I admit that things seemed easier back in the day I'm convinced that ministry to students has remained the same. Sure the methods are completely different, but the deep internal issues are still the same. Students still long for anyone who is willing to care enough about them to invest time into them. I am blessed to be able to be on this journey with students. While the world of technology changes; the inner world of JR High & High School students remain mostly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment